Entry doors manufactured from cherry have been very popular with homeowners across the country for decades due to their ability to emphasize the entranceway into your home and grab your attention, this is usally a top choice with rustic fiberglass doors being a close 2nd. They don’t just stick out though; cherry wood offers a level of natural beauty that is unrivalled by most other materials, including most other varieties of natural wood. It is available in a range of different colours from a rich red to a reddish brown and it typically becomes darker as it ages. However, for all its wonderful characteristics, cherry wood does have a several flaws that can affect its performance when used for exterior doors, including:
- Prone to Scratches – As a focal point at the front of your house, it’s essential your front entry door remains in excellent condition, but doors constructed from cherry hardwood are prone to scratching which can detract from their appearance.
- Fades in Direct Sunlight – While cherry naturally darkens with age, when placed in direct sunlight, which an entry door would be, the sunlight can cause the door to fade.
- Moisture Damage – Woods naturally absorb water and if not properly finished this can lead to warping, cracking and rot setting in. If cherry hardwood is used for your exterior doors its condition will need to be constantly checked.
If you are an admirer of the finish and appearance offered by cherry hardwood, but aren’t prepared to accept the material’s flaws, what can you do? Fiberglass Doors Direct have the ideal solution: Cherry fiberglass doors.
Don’t Compromise: Opt for Cherry Fiberglass Doors Instead
The cherry fiberglass doors designed and manufactured by Fiberglass Doors Direct combine the visual appeal of natural cherry hardwood with the range of practical advantages offered by fiberglass. The cherry finish these doors feature is virtually indistinguishable from the real thing and the performance of these doors improves on that of standard doors in several ways, including:
- Weatherproof – Our cherry fiberglass doors are unaffected by local weather conditions and continue to look attractive and perform well year after year.
- Energy Efficient – Fiberglass is renowned for preventing the heat and cool air produced by residential heating and cooling systems from escaping, and consequently helps to slash annual expenditure on energy.
- Cost Efficient – The demand for cherry hardwood is extremely high, which ultimately drives the end cost up. Our cherry fiberglass doors are not only cheaper upfront, but due to minimal maintenance requirements, there are virtually zero ongoing costs, unlike with cherry hardwood doors.
The design possibilities for our cherry fiberglass doors are only limited by your own imagination. Our design staff and experienced manufacturing team will work closely with you to turn your vision into something you can smile at and enjoy each and every day.
Contact Fiberglass Direct to set-up a cherry fiberglass doors consultation.